Join the King of the Hills gold mine project team as an EXPERIENCED Tyre Fitters and be responsible for managing all rubber tyre applications on all mobile equipment.
About the role
FIFO from Perth
2:1 night/day roster
$58.43 – $60.63 per hour (dependant on experience)
7% market uplift allowance – paid quarterly
Project Location: King of the Hills gold mine project is located in the Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia 28km north of Leonora.
Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
• Inspection of tyres and related components (e.g. rims) – checking for signs of damage and wear;
• Air pressure inspections;
• Measuring thread depths;
• Conducting period end checks of site fleet;
• Performing monthly stock takes within required guidelines;
• Embracing and supporting the maintenance departments planning strategy regarding work order management and defect elimination;
• Ensuring all relevant documents are submitted efficiently and accurately on time for processing;
• Ability and willingness to conduct other tasks when required.
• Previous experience in a similar role on a large scale mining project;
• Australian Recognised Trade Certificate in Tyre Fitter and Handling;
• Knowledge of and experience working on heavy mobile plant;
• Ability to work independently as well as a part of the team;
• Great interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrating commitment to Macmahon safety culture and values; and
• Current Drivers License.
Be More at Macmahon
Across Macmahon's team, you will find positive stories of people embracing opportunities to develop and grow their careers going on to celebrate impressive career milestones that contribute to our success. With over 9,000 highly skilled people in our team, we're proud of the values-based culture we have built over 60 years which is the driving force propelling our people to continually aspire to Be More.
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface and underground mining, civil design and construction, performance enhancement, and mine site maintenance and rehabilitation services to the resources sector.
Successful applicants must pass a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol screening, as well as criminal history and qualification checks. Proof of working rights in Australia (valid passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate, or current visa grant notification) is also required.
Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Macmahon Winning Values
United | Integrity | Courage | Pride