Greenbushes Lithium Operation
Residential Full Time Position
Talison Lithium aims to maximise local employment where possible by recruiting people who live in and around our local communities of Greenbushes, Bridgetown, Donnybrook, Nannup, Boyup Brook and Manjimup.
About the Role
We are recruiting two hands on, self-starters who are looking to commence their career in the mining industry. Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor, the successful candidate will assist with survey tasks and mining activities to support information acquisition across the mine site. It is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in mining and to work with the latest survey technology, all whilst being mentored by a team of experienced Mine Surveyors.
Talison will provide all the appropriate training for this role and there is scope for the right candidate to grow with the business. This is a permanent, full-time position, working an attractive residential roster (8 days on, 6 days off).
· attending daily pre-start meetings;
· undertaking all daily survey field requirements in a safe and timely manner;
· providing assistance to Geology and Mine Planning;
· care, cleaning and simple maintenance of all survey equipment and department vehicles;
· maintaining and replenishing survey stores and consumables;
· contributing to the effective handover to the oncoming swing; and
· assisting Surveyors with End of Month surveys and data collection.
About the Candidate
· an interest in developing a career in mining;
· a sound level of computer literacy and a willingness to learn new software applications;
· a proactive, collaborative approach and commitment to safety;
· current ‘C’ class Drivers Licence; and
· reside within 60 minutes’ drive of the Greenbushes Lithium Operation.
Some of the many benefits of working with Talison include:
· residential role with a family and lifestyle friendly roster;
· flexible working environment;
· income protection insurance;
· life Insurance for company superannuation employees;
· maternity/paternity leave policy;
· salary sacrifice options for remote area housing, motor vehicles and superannuation; and
· participation in site performance-based monthly incentive scheme.
About Talison Lithium
Talison Lithium is the world’s leading lithium minerals producer with the world’s largest high-grade ore body.
Talison supports many of the community projects, groups and sporting events our employees are involved in. Our future is within, and as part of, the community.
The Greenbushes Lithium Operation is located in a unique residential setting, near the town of Greenbushes atop the picturesque Darling Scarp. Being active in the broader community is integral to our core business values of safety, transparency and inclusiveness. We regularly carry out site tours for local school and community groups and promote education through Mine Open Days and community events.
Supporting a diverse workforce
Talison strongly encourages applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of work experience. Talison takes pride in its unique location and the excellent work/life balance offering that our employees enjoy. Talison recognises that we are strengthened by diversity and is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
How to Apply
Applications including a covering letter, CV, copies of any qualifications, and referees can be emailed through to email@example.com or posted to: Recruitment Talison Lithium, Greenbushes Operations, PO Box 31 Greenbushes, WA 6254.
Applications close Monday 22 August 2022.