We are currently seeking an EXPERIENCED SHOTFIRER to join the Warrawoona Drill & Blast team on a 2:1 roster, FIFO from Perth to Marble Bar.
About the role
FIFO from Perth
2:1 all days roster
$56.00 – $58.00 per hour (dependant on experience)
7% market uplift bonus + 5% project specific allowance – paid quarterly
Responsibilities not limited to the following:
• Lead Blast crew in loading all production holes to Site requirements
• Maintain Explosive Magazine to all Site and legal requirements
• Report all lost Explosives as per Site procedure
• Maintain all Blasting records accurately and efficiently as per Legal and Site requirements
• Train blast crew to complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ensure the drill pattern is clear of equipment and rubbish before loading a new shot
• Set up and/or ensure correct Blast delineation is in place
• Perform blast guard duties when required
• Operate IT Loader as required
• Operate Roller as required
• Complete all lawful tasks assigned by Supervisor/ Leading Hand in a timely manner
• Load out patterns in an effective manner for production/firing purposes
• Complete all training requirements/ records as required
Successful candidate must have:
• 2-3 years experience as a Shotfirer
• Current Drivers Licence (manual)
• WA Shotfirer’s Licence
• Dangerous Goods Security Card
• I.T Loader Ticket (Nationally recognised)
• Roller Ticket (Nationally recognised)
• Current HR licence
Be More at Macmahon
Across Macmahon’s team, you will find positive stories of people embracing opportunities to develop and grow their careers going on to celebrate impressive career milestones that contribute to our success. With over 9,000 highly skilled people in our team, we’re proud of the values-based culture we have built over 60 years which is the driving force propelling our people to continually aspire to Be More.
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and Southeast Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface and underground mining, civil design and construction, performance enhancement, and mine site maintenance and rehabilitation services to the resources sector.
Successful applicants must pass a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol screening, as well as criminal history and qualification checks. Proof of working rights in Australia (valid passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate, or current visa grant notification) is also required.
Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Embed site video/Year in Review/Why Join Us
Macmahon Winning Values
United | Integrity | Courage | Pride