Northern Star has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Safety ER Advisor to develop and maintain effective safety, health and training programs within the HSEC Department at our world-class Thunderbox operations, on a FIFO 8/6 roster.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Actively promote, monitor and enforce compliance of personnel with safe work practices.
• Moderate INX System, input data, produce reports with a high level of attention to detail.
• Facilitate and participate in incident investigations to establish root cause of incidents and determine corrective actions.
• Providing an advisory and supportive role to Department Heads into HSEC matters, inclusive of incident/accident investigation processes and reporting requirements.
• Facilitate and participate in the Formal Risk Assessment process
• Proactive involvement with continuous OHS improvement processes.
• Active participation in all communication and awareness systems including issue of Site notices and Management of change process.
• Facilitation and coordination of Safety and Health Representatives and site Safety Committee meetings.
• Deliver Safety Toolbox presentations.
• Conducting assessments, audits inspections ensuring visible safety across the Operations.
• Assisting the training team in the delivery of inductions and VOC for all employees, contractors and visitors to site.
• As required complete applicable statutory reports for DMIRS and other government agencies, including statistical reports on injuries, type and frequency.
• Responds to site emergencies as part of the Emergency Response Team Including being on call in a fit state at all times and adhering to the Fitness for Work Policy.
• Conduct routine maintenance and inspections of all rescue and emergency equipment, first aid equipment to a high standard as directed by the ER Coordinator.
• Conduct and deliver Emergency Response Training.
• Organise compliance servicing of Emergency Response equipment to ensure state of readiness at all times
• Assist Site nurse with any First aid response and support as required.
Required skills and experience:
• Diploma/Certificate IV in Work, Health and Safety (formerly Occupational, Health & Safety).
• Current C class Western Austrailian Driver’s License
• St John’s Senior First Aid certificate or equivalent (Minimum)
• Emergency Response qualifications in various disciplines including underground
• 5 years’ experience in a mechanised hard-rock underground mine, processing and exploration (Preferred)
• Cert IV in TAE.
• Detailed working knowledge of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations.
• Experience in incident investigations, workplace inspections and audits.
• Familiarity with INX database modules such as InTuition, InFlight and InControl.
• Auditing or inspection experience.
• Advanced skills in excel, word processing and database applications with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
• Strong report writing and presentation skills
Why join us?
When you join, you join the next exciting growth stage of Northern Star. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
In joining Northern Star, you’ll experience:
• Vibrant hub of activity, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team.
• Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
• Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
• Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
• Excellent remuneration package with bonuses and exceptional benefits.
• Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the 'apply' button now and tell us everything we need to know about you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local communities in which we operate. We recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ [link removed] or follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.