At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern roster arrangement, with residential, FIFO or DIDO options available.
About the role
The role will involve you being an active team member, working as a Service Technician to support routine maintenance on the Mobile Fleet of machinery and equipment at Olympic Dam. You will adhere to operating requirements and strive for the safe achievement of individual, team and site objectives.
This role represents an opportunity for a relevant trade qualified individual to develop their skills and qualifications within the mining industry.
In this role you will:
• Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
• Conduct routine maintenance on the fleet of mobile mining plant and equipment in an underground mining environment
• Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
• Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment as per the 1SAP process
• Ensure compliance to the 1SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the 1SAP system
• Identify inefficiencies and work to remove them with the support of your leader and the maintenance team
To find out more about working underground and to meet our team at Olympic Dam CLICK HERE
• Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
• Relevant mechanical trade qualifications, or a closely related field (LV Mechanic/Mechanical Fitter/Hydraulic Fitter preferred)
• Experience in a similar role in the servicing of vehicles, with a desire to develop your skills and qualifications within the mining industry
• Sound communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Experience with 1SAP or similar systems (preferred)
About our process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website at https://www.bhp.com/careers/faq
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.