At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Our team require the services of experienced tradesperson ideally with Liebherr, Cummins, and Epiroc fleet exposure to join the welcoming teams at our Newman operations West site living residentially and enjoying our lifestyle roster, on a lifestyle roster pattern (4 days on – 5 off, 5 nights on – 4 off, 5 days on – 5 off, 4 nights on – 5 off, 5 days on – 4 off, 5 nights on – 5 off), or alternatively FIFO options are also available.
You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site in the Pilbara, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world!
Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, within the Mobile Equipment Maintenance team your duties will include:
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
• Working with your Supervisor to ensure collaboration with the Mining Production department in order to agree on a weekly maintenance schedule of work
• Ensuring dispatch and KPI reporting systems are kept up to date and reflect actual equipment status for down time and data is analysed to identify trends and target improvement opportunities
• Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
• Completing Field Leadership activities as per KPI’s
• Maintaining a valid Pit Permit
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:-
• Solid Field equipment mechanical maintenance competency, ideally with sound diagnostic abilities for our large fleet of Liebherr 996/9400 and Epiroc pv271/D65 machines
• Australian recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical trade qualification
• Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, be self-motivated and show passion toward the equipment within the department
• Experience in mining maintenance environments
• Capability in 1SAP or similar maintenance systems (desirable)
• C Class manual driver’s license
• Self-motivated, driven and development orientated
In a residential role such as this (FIFO being an alternative option for this vacancy) you will be based in Newman, Western Australia. You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. If considering a residential position with us, you be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies. You will be supported by a warm and inviting team culture and a inviting town community to welcome you into life in the Pilbara. Whether you are considering Residential or FIFO, team is at the heart of what we do, and enjoying coming to work is as important to us as it should be for you.
*Considering residential? Click here: WATCH or apply to discuss your options further regarding the monetary and non-monetary benefits of residential and we will be in touch.
*To read more about Newman Operations and Whaleback please take a moment to CLICK HERE
*To hear more about working within the BHP team CLICK HERE
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.