Northern Star has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for experienced Excavator Operators to maintain optimal production through the excavation of ore and waste from the mine, whilst ensuring the highest level of safety is retained. Based at our world class Thunderbox and Bronzewing Operations, these permanent opportunities are offered on an even time 15 shifts on, 13 days off roster.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Limiting extra costs through operating equipment to a high standard
• Ensuring production targets are consistently met
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an open pit environment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Excavator Operator
• Sound knowledge of operating all Open Pit equipment
• Experience with dilution control (particularly in gold mining)
Why join us?
When you join, you join the next exciting growth stage of Northern Star. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business.
You can choose residential or FIFO opportunities throughout your career with us.
Gold in Ounces. Opportunities in Tonnes.
Benefits when you join Northern Star:
• Vibrant hub of activity, with the ability to be part of successful and productive team.
• Great company culture with the opportunity to lead and develop a great workforce.
• Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
• Exciting, fast paced work environment with a motivated and driven workforce.
• Excellent remuneration package with bonuses and exceptional benefits.
• Membership access to our GOLDSTARR reward gateway program.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to the local communities in which we operate. We recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Our recruitment process considers your alignment to our company values and the requirements of the role. We also have several checks which may be conducted to demonstrate your suitability for the role including police checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, right to work checks, qualifications, due diligence and/or reference checks.
Want to know more about Northern Star? Check out our website here: http://www.nsrltd.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/northern-star-resources-limited/
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.