About our role
Northern Star has a Full-time, Permanent opportunity for several experienced Dump Truck Operators to join our world-class Thunderbox and Bronzewing Operations. These opportunities are offered on an even time 15 shifts on, 13 days off roster and are offered as permanent positions.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Operating a variety of mobile equipment to transport ore and waste to designated areas
• Conducting pre-start meetings in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures
• Reporting hazards when encountering them to ensure a safe work environment
• Following Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safe operation of mobile plant equipment
• Working towards reducing costs in daily jobs by not wasting resources at hand
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 12 months experience on CAT 785 or CAT 789 haul trucks or above in a mining related industry
• Ability to manage a repetitive workload with minimal supervision
• High regard for safety
• Well-developed verbal communication skills
• Current Australian C – Class Drivers licence
About Northern Star Resources
Northern Star offers unparalleled opportunities for you to forge a career in the resource industry at their underground and open pit operations across Western Australia and Alaska. You can choose residential or FIFO opportunities throughout your career with us.
Gold in Ounces. Opportunities in Tonnes…
Why join us?
Be part of the next exciting growth stage of Northern Star. You will be engaged in a dynamic work environment where you will be valued as an integral part of the team, and where you can develop and grow with our business long term.
Northern Star encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. Joining the Northern Star team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and bonus programs.
Benefits when you join Northern Star
• Company subsidised GU Health Insurance
• Gold Price Variable bonus incentive
• Short-term incentive bonus program
• Employee Share Plan programs
• Industry leading Parental leave policy – with up to 20 weeks primary carers leave and up to 4 weeks secondary carers leave. Primary carers return to work benefits including up to 6 weeks bonus payment, top up of superannuation and long service leave service recognition
• GoldSTARR program – cash savings for everyday expenses
• Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that includes free, confidential counselling and wellbeing services
• Salary Continuance (Income protection) insurance from commencement
• Salary Sacrificing benefits, including Novated Leasing and Remote Area Living benefit options
• Paid Family Domestic Violence leave
Diversity & Inclusion
Northern Star actively supports and contributes to local communities in which we operate. We recognise the advantage of a diversified workplace including diversity of gender, thought, experience, and ethnicity. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and strive for workplace excellence.
Our recruitment process considers your alignment to our company values and the requirements of the role. We also have several checks which may be conducted to demonstrate your suitability for the role including police checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, right to work checks, qualifications, due diligence and/or reference checks.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Click the 'Apply' button now
Want to know more about Northern Star? Search #NSRCareers
No agency referrals will be accepted at this time.